Today I’d like to introduce you to my favourite sweet of all time!! Turkish delight!! x This is my first attempt at making it for myself however. My lovely friend Anne shared her recipe with me, which I am going to share with all of you now, with a few photos thrown in for good measure xx
- sunflower oil for greasing
- 25g powdered gelatine
- 255 ml of water
- 4 tsp rosewater
- 450g caster sugar
- 3-4 drops red food colouring
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 tsp cornflour
1) lightly oil a 20 x 20 cm baking tin.
2) mix the gelatine, rose water and water in a large heavy based pan and then add the sugar.
3) heat gently until the sugar and gelatine have melted, stirring continuously. Then bring to the boil without stirring. Then reduce the heat and simmer for 20-25 mins
4) remove from the heat, stir in the food colouring. leave to cool for 2-3 mins then pour into the oiled tin and leave to set for 24 hrs, cut into squares!
5) mix the cornflour and icing sugar together and toss the Turkish delight in the mixture. Store in an air tight container, between sheets of greaseproof paper.
So if you want a tasty treat, I can highly recommend this recipe!!! Very simple and easy to follow!! The hardest part is waiting for the 24hrs whilst it sets!! x
I think I’m going to have to try making other sweets now!! What should I try next?
There is something gorgeous about sweets covered in icing sugar that just makes them so much more tempting to me xx This batch hasn’t lasted long …..oops x