I’ve upgraded todays baking exploit from the more basic Millionaires Shortbread because it turned out so well……..I am very pleased with the results xx
The recipe I followed was from M&S’s The Baking Bible
- 115g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 175g plain flour
- 55g golden caster sugar
filling and topping
- 175g butter
- 115g golden caster sugar
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 400g canned condensed milk
- 200g plain (I used milk) chocolate, broken into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 180○C/350○F/Gas Mark 4. Grease and line the base of a 23-cm/9-inch shallow square cake tin.
- Place the butter, flour and sugar in a food processor and process until it begins to bind together. Press the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the top. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until golden.
- Meanwhile, make the filling. Place the butter, sugar, golden syrup and condensed milk in a saucepan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil and simmer for 6-8 minutes, stirring constantly, until the mixture becomes very thick. Pour over the shortbread base and leave to chill in the refrigerator until firm.
- To make the topping, melt the chocolate and leave to cool, then spread over the caramel. Chill in the refrigerator until set. Cut the shortbread into 12 pieces with a sharp knife and serve.
Ok, so my waste line may increase a little this week, but it will be well worth it as these are so yummy!! I may manage to offload a few squares on some friends, but the majority is destined for my tummy xx Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm xx