Ok, I don’t actually call her Mamma, just Mum x But Mamma sounds so much better, don’t you think? heehee x
When I first started baking this time last year my Mum wrote down here recipe for Fruit loaf and it’s been pinned to my notice board ever since waiting patiently for me to get round to trying it out!! I’m not sure it is quite up to her standards yet, but I think I’ve done not bad for a first attempt and will play around and perfect it to my own tastes in the years to come x
- ½llb Unsalted butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 cups Sultanas
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups self raising flour
- Line a loaf tin with backing parchment.
- In a medium heavy pan add the butter, sugar, sultanas, water and bicarbonate of soda on a medium heat until the sugar has dissolved and the butter has melted, then turn up the temperature to full and bring to the boil, then continue boiling for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool for a couple of hours.
- Beat the eggs and them to the mixture, add the flour and mix well.
- Transfer mixture to the loaf tin and place in the oven at 170°C for 1½ hours.
I like mine with lashings of butter and a pot of tea x
Thanks Mum xx 🙂
How do you like yours?