My friend Jennifer shared a recipe with me some time ago for her tasty Ginger loaves. I’ve made them several times and I have meant to share them with you, but they never seem to last long enough to get any photos of them because they are soooooo tasty 🙂 x But I made 8 mini loaves yesterday and still had 6 left this morning so I thought I’d better get some photos taken pronto xx ;p This recipe is actually for one large loaf, but I have found it works well for mini ones too, just remember they won’t take quite as long to bake x
- 200g/7oz Self Raising Flour
- 200g/7oz Sugar
- 1tsp Ground Ginger
- 1tsp Bicarbonate Soda
- 55g/2oz Margarine
- 1 Egg Beaten
- 2tbsp Golden Syrup
- 240ml/9fl oz Hot Water
- Pre-heat oven to 180oc
- Grease and line 11x7ins baking tin
- Mix the flour, sugar, ginger and bicarbonate soda in a bowl.
- Rub margarine in until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add beaten egg, syrup and hot water. Mix well with wooden spoon.
- Pour into tin and bake for 35-40 mins.