OK, So…………. I’ve taken a huge step this week in getting out in the world and living by my recent post for this to be Lucy’s year!!!
After much humming and haughing I’ve finally committed myself to attend my first cake event run by and for the Edinburgh Cake Ladies which is being held in March. I must admit it’s terrifying and exciting at the same time! Most probably because I’ve been trying to pluck up the courage to join one of their evenings for over a year now. Now all I have to do is stop myself from pulling out if I get nervous………haha x
Only a few weeks ago I met my friend Sarah and her friend for lunch in town and I realised on my way there that it was going to be the first time meeting with someone as Lucy, that had never met Paul before and that felt like a huge day, now I’m signed up to meet 18 ladies at once and I’m up for the challenge x Wow, what a brave girl I’m becoming?!?! x ;p
So this event is called Tower of Terrific Traybakes Take Two or TTTTT for short!! Each of us has to bring a different traybake for everyone to try!! So I decided I would do my Rocky Road Fudge as my contribution!! Which obviously meant I had to have a practice run to see if it would be up to scratch for this event…….heehee x
And here are the results x
- 1.4kg caster sugar
- 500ml whole milk
- 150g unsalted butter, cut in to cubes
- 75g walnuts
- 700g dark chocolate , cut in to small pieces
- 10ml vanilla extract
- 1.5ml salt
- 90g black cherries in syrup, sliced in half
- 130g marshmallows, cut in to pieces, or use mini marshmallows
- Line a loaf tin with clingfilm so that it comes out of the tin and well over the sides.
- Put the sugar, milk and butter in a medium, heavy pan. Heat over a moderate heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Chop the walnuts roughly and set aside.
- When the sugar has dissolved and the butter has melted, bring the mixture to the boil. Without stirring, allow the mixture to cook at a slow rolling boil for about 10 minutes, or until it reaches the soft-ball stage (114ºC/238ºF).
- Stir in the chopped chocolate, vanilla extract and salt.
- Pour about one-third of the chocolate fudge mixture in to the prepared baking tin. Sprinkle with half of the cherries, marshmallows and walnuts. Cover with another third of the chocolate fudge.
- Place a piece of baking parchment over the fudge and press down firmly with your hands. Set aside to cool. This could take up to 8 hours.
- When ready to serve, lift the fudge up out of the tin by holding the sides of the clingfilm and transfer to a chopping board. Cut 1cm slices and serve. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.