Growing up this was one of my favourite foods and it’s still in my top 10 as an adult x It was one of the first recipes I ever learnt from my mum before I left home, although fish was a lot cheaper then!! x So, when my good friend Rachel asked if she could have the recipe from me at the weekend I thought, hang on……..Why don’t I put it in a blog, for everyone to see!! You’re welcome xx haha x
- 400g baby potatoes, chopped into even sized pieces
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 good sized smoked haddock fillets (I used undyed)
- 600g/one and a half tins of evaporated milk
- large dollop of butter
- handful of parsley, finely chopped
- Large quantity of oatcakes (Optional Extra)
- Place potatoes, onions and fish in a large pan and add water until everything is just cover, then bring to the boil then reduce the heat until potatoes are ready, which should be about 15-20 minutes.
- Add the evaporated milk and bring back to the boil, then simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- Add parsley and butter before serving.
- Serve with the oatcakes.