Made this scrummy recipe yesterday morning and just had to share it with you all
It may not at first glance look like it could work, but it really does!! You should try it x
I found it in my Ching-He Huang recipe book:
- 1 tbsp of Groundnut oil
- 2 Large eggs
- 2 slices of seeded rye bread ( I used a nice Multigrain)
- half a ripe avocado, stone removed and the flesh scooped out
- Drizzle of light soy sauce
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Heat a wok over a medium heat until it starts to smoke then add the groundnut oil. Crack the eggs into the wok and cook for 2 minutes or to your liking. (I like mine crispy underneath and still a bit runny on top.) Meanwhile, place the bread in the toaster and toast for 1 minute.
- To serve, place the toast on a plate and spread with the avocado flesh. Place the eggs on top and drizzle over the soy sauce, then season with salt and ground black pepper and eat immediately.